Mandurah – A small step South


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Mandurah
November 3rd 2012
Published: November 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

http://www.travelblog.org/Admin/Blog/gmap-entry.php?map_id=60524

The rain set in as we headed south pulling into the Top Tourist Caravan Park. This was another park where you were given assistance to park your van. The power was even connected for us so we settled in very quickly.

Not daunted by the rain we set off to find some lunch, then big trees and the waterfall in the Serpentine National Park.

On our travels we spotted a hardware store so were able to purchase some bits to do a few van repairs.

We drove through tall trees to finally come to the Serpentine National Park. It was a short walk to the falls where we found mad teenagers swimming in the pool at the base of the fall. On a hot day, maybe, but this was cold and wet. Some had obviously come prepared to swim whilst others were swimming fully dressed.

Returning to camp we called in at the Sud-shed to pick up some fresh produce. It was a large shed full of all sorts of fruit and veg, meat and small goods as well as a few groceries. It was packed at 4:30 on Saturday afternoon so there were lots of people out to get a bargain. We came to the conclusion the much of the fresh produce was seconds. Good value if you weren’t too fussy and were prepared to pick through for the better quality pieces.

Next morning even though we were up early we didn’t get away until 10 as Greg was busy writing his weekly TA note and updating his resume so he could respond to an email sent to him earlier in the week by his agent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th November 2012

What a charming duck. No roast in the turbo oven?
28th February 2013

Australia is such a nice place for travelers
backpackers always include Australia to the lists. I am proud living in Australia. You will love the weather, people and culture. mandurahcarhire.com.au

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb