Moore River - Nov 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Lancelin
November 11th 2012
Published: November 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We've just spent a lovely week up at Moore River for our annual pilgrimage. This year the river had not broken through to the ocean so it was a bit murky and quite full but there were plenty of fish in there for the kids to chase along the shallow banks. The Midgit had a fishing net which worked much better for toddlers attention spans than a 'real' fishing rod which is what he tried to use last year although we didnt actually catch any fish which is probably for the best as neither the Hubby or I really know how to fillet a fish 😉

Saturday and Sundays are packed with kids which is lovely with all the banks of the river full of people and people hiring canoes and boats etc. I showed the kids how to build a sandcastle and if we made the moat deep enough how it magically filled with water (just like a real moat lol!) and the Midgit thought that was fantastic 😊 The sand was beautiful and clean as was the very green grass banks along the river so the council is doing really well keeping it all up to date.

The days pretty much began with bbq cook up, some ball games and a wander to the shop for a coffee and the paper. Then down to the river to swim, chase fish and watch pelicans, then back up to the cabin for lunch and a nap. Then in the afternoon we'd venture back down to the river or beach going for a wander to play in the sand dunes or watch the parasailers, then another bbq for dinner and kids play outside until its dark and the adults have a little drink.

The caravan park is so child friendly it always surprises/pleases me 😊 From our cabin at the top of a grassy bank we can see the kids for a good 100m and there are just so many kids running around you know they are safe as no one is going to drive fast. And with no roads around the actualy caravan park you also know you are quite secure.

Weather wise we might try and move our trip back a few weeks as although it did get to 30 degrees on Friday most of the other days were mid-20's so the kids were freezing and couldnt stay swimming for too long. At night it was damn windy but if yous tayed out of the wind it was ok.

So a very relaxing holiday had by all and although i tried to remember to take photos there wasnt much to actually photograph 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb