Days 99 & 100 - back to Kununurra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
July 5th 2015
Published: July 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

We woke at 5.30 and looked outside - Bunnings! We had free camped in Broome as it was school holidays and we knew that most places would be full.

By the time we got dressed and were ready for breakfast, it was still pretty quiet in Broome. The Saturday Courthouse market sellers were just arriving as we cruised past...and headed to Maccas!

Yes they have a healthy muesli breakfast (and reasonable coffee) but there were no photos to incriminate or embarass anyone.

We left Broome and arrived in Fitzroy Crossing early in the afternoon. We stayed again at the Motel / Caravan park but the grass was noticably thinner this time.

We had a sleep-in on Sunday and left Fitzroy Crossing just before 9am. We decided to turn left from the Motel and we knew that the next (coffee) stop, Halls Creek, was about 250 kilometres away. We were starting to feel a bit weary by the time we reached Halls Creek but a large coffee from the servo helped boost us a bit and we made it to Warmun by mid-afternoon. It was now a matter of checking whether there was room in Kununurra and deciding whether we should push on. When we rang the Town Caravan park and Heather advised that there was one spot left, our minds were made up and we bought twenty litres of diesel and headed for "home".

We arrived just before sunset - perfect timing. A long day - approximately 650 kilometres in the cruiser and it didn't miss a beat. We will be sad to see it go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb