Days 26 to 28 - Kununurra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
April 24th 2015
Published: April 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The days rolled by as we waited for Thursday (and the Cruiser service / repairs / immobiliser install).

We got in to the swing of relaxing easily:

Early breakfast (before or after a shower), Coffee in town (with a large bowl of mango ice cream), back to the caravan park for lunch and a swim, read or rest, walk down to the lake and say hello to Rodney, take photos (birds mostly) or play games on the phone before dinner, (it gets dark here very early), another swim or shower before bed.

The cruiser service / repair / immobiliser install was Thursday at 7am (all day). When I got there at 6.55 there were quite a few people waiting to book in. Alarm bells started to ring. This guy doesn't seem to have an army of mechanics and I was feeling less confident about getting all the things done that I had listed. We'll ring you if there are any issues, they said. Well, that's a good thing I suppose, I thought, any vehicle that has done over 500,000 kms must have some sort of issues...

But there was no call and when I went to collect the car (just before closing time) I wasn't surprised when they said it wasn't finished. Very poor customer service. And the main reason it was in for (the immobiliser install) hadn't even been started. So they have you over the barrel... You need it back tonight? Well, we could put it back together again.... but we might not be able to get to it again until next week....

If you are ever up this way, folks, please take care before engaging any mechanical work. Some people take their cars to Darwin for major servicing! We did end up getting our 'Cruiser back (on Friday afternoon) but we were well out of pocket and unhappy with the work performed versus what was charged.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Rodney can smile!Rodney can smile!
Rodney can smile!

I can see dinner....


5th May 2015

Hi from Acton Park
Oh dear I am sorry to hear of your mechanical frustrations. I have heard that Kununurra is lovely, so at least a pleasant place to wait for the repairs.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb