...and then back to Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
February 21st 2015
Published: March 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Waterfall off escarpment near Victoria RiverWaterfall off escarpment near Victoria RiverWaterfall off escarpment near Victoria River

A lot of water gushing over the edge of the escarpment (above the seat on the left hand side)
The trip back to Darwin in the bus was relatively uneventful, other than there were more heavy showers around (which we seemed to dodge mostly) which meant that creeks were full. There was some water flowing through the floodways (not enough to stop us) and lots of waterfalls throwing themselves off the escarpment. That was just fabulous to see. Travelling by bus is a great way to see the country; the scenery and the birds and other wildlife flow past as you relax (with new drivers Damien and Chris who were first class). Great job guys!

I wandered around the Darwin CBD for a while before having a snack and coffee and then made my way to the shuttle bus office where I read while waiting for the bus to head out to the airport. Saturday night in Darwin and everyone was having fun - not much rain now as Cyclone Lam had gone inland and weakened.

The plane did not have one spare seat (what can you expect when you sell seats at $99) and it was cramped but I finally drifted off to sleep just as we started our descent into Melbourne. Drat.

We landed just
Escarpment from Victoria River RoadhouseEscarpment from Victoria River RoadhouseEscarpment from Victoria River Roadhouse

Look carefully and you might see another waterfall. They were everywhere!
before 6am so it was breakfast time at Tulla and then it was home to Hobart. 9,000 kilometres in two and a half days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bus back to DarwinBus back to Darwin
Bus back to Darwin

With extra lights on (when no oncoming traffic).


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb