Heart 'o da' Kimberleys


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kimberleys
July 30th 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kununurra day 4





4th July





WOW!!!! that dinner was really nice last night at the Pump House restaurant on Lake Kununurra, the night didn’t go smoothly though, we got to the restaurant and were seated outside but that very evening another “Arctic blast” hit the north and we were ALL freezing so the boys drove back to the vans and got our jackets, we sat there for over an hour and a half waiting for our meal and finally Jim went and asked the Maitre d’ if the chef needed a hand with the dinners, I decided I was just to cold sitting out there it was really unpleasant so I went in side and sat down at the door and noticed and empty table for six, I asked to be seated there, any way this time it was ok I think we would have left if they hadn’t let us, it was much warmer inside, they bought us some complementary breads and dips so that kept us going until our dinner turned up.

It was worth waiting for I ordered honey glazed pork belly with rosemary roasted potatoes and ratatouille Jim had Mangrove jack with rocket infused mash, bok choy and crispy noodles, as did Alan. Jane and Gaile both had rack of lamb with potato croquettes and broccollini, Wayne ordered Rib eye steak, surprise, surprise, it looked spectacular.

We then shared some mango crème brulee with ice cream and that was delicious.

We spent most days in Kununurra going to the shops and sight seeing. Jim bought me a lovely handcrafted sterling silver boab tree pendant for our wedding anniversary.

We left Kununurra at 8am next morning. We needed fresh milk and bread and got that before leaving town. We were planning on a night or two at Mary pool on the Mary river about 460ks away, we stopped at Warmun for morning tea then continued on - stopping again at Halls creek for a fuel top up and a servo meat pie for lunch.

Jim and I left before the others as we wanted to get to Mary Pool before the rest of Australia got there. We arrived about 2-15 pm and surprise, surprise, the rest of Australia was there. It is a fairly big free camp area though, so we chose a spot and waited for the others to arrived only about 15mins later. Setting the vans up in a corral style - the people around us were quite amused by this and kept coming up and talking to us about it. We said we were waiting for an Indian attack and we were already to fight back.





6th July



It is really dusty, and as windy as hell here, but it’s not a bad spot, nowhere near as nice as the very lovely Gregory Downs.

We had a good nights sleep after retiring early to our vans as it was getting cold again and it got really cold in the night. We put our diesel heater on around 5am this morning.

We have had a really lazy day but we did have a walk down to the river - not much water in it though. Didn’t see any Croc’s but there could be some in there. We have been watching everyone coming and going all day. The guys started our generators up for a couple of hours so we were able to get the hair blowed and curled and we were able to have our coffee machine going so it was cappuchinos in the bush today a bit of a treat.

Advertisement



31st July 2012
Corral

Grass
Nice patch of grass you found there!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb