Kalgoorlie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
February 28th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we will say bye to the 5 day trippers who are being picked up and then going on to Ayres Rock.
We have a early start again ie 6:30 so breakfast is at 6am, we have been told we have a five hour drive through the goldfields via the town of Norseman this place is more of a village then a town. We arrived in Kalgoorlie at about 2pm and had lunch then went into the gold mine museum where we went underground and then to a goldpour then gold panning. We left here then went to a pub which had a mine pit in and you could look down it, we stopped here for a drink and it must be run by a Brit as they had a fridge with numerous British beers including Tetleys,Old Hooky, Deuchars IPA,Bagers beer, Ruddles. Also an aus beer called Piss weak, We then left the pub and did a shopping trip for those going to Alice Springs. We then drove to the superpit which is one of the largest open cut mines in the world and it is still being worked. We then met the overlander bus and said goodbye to the others and this left us with 3 on our bus. We got to the hostel at about 5:45. Before we arrived at the hostel we had bee advised about a tour done in Kalgoorlie which we all said we would go on. The tour was of a place called Langtrees which is on Hay Street directly opposite our hostel. Langtrees is a working brothel and does tours of the various rooms so we all went on this and the guide told us the history of the brothel industry in Aus and then we were taken around the rooms.
We then returned to our hostel which used to be a brothel as well, We cooked up tofu dish for dinner. We found that we have lost a box of food on the way assume we left it in Esperance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb