Wedding on the Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Geographe Bay
March 12th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ever heard the expression "their marriage is on the rocks."

How about the idea of starting matrimony with a wedding on the rocks? We were hiking along the coast - an isolated section with not a human in sight, when I heard the piano music drifting toward us.

A melody beckoned on the breeze and we followed the music to its source. We arrived on the scene as the wedding guests arrived. Young women tottered in 4-inch heels on the rocky terrain, carefully balancing plates of hor d'oeurvres and sandwiches. A young man was struggling to adjust his neck tie, a wooly, plaid tie in 33 degrees Celsius. He smiled at us and said the groom was arriving shortly... his friend from university.

One of the guests asked us for assistance in finding the outhouse... do we look like we know? As she chatted with us, it occured to the three of us that we all sounded Canadian! She was from a tiny town in southern Saskatchewan and while working in Perth became friends with the bride. We all converged at Bunker Bay - an unusual but inspirational wedding venue.







Wedding on the RocksWedding on the RocksWedding on the Rocks

Look close to see the bride and wedding guests.

""




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Here Comes the Bride  Here Comes the Bride
Here Comes the Bride

Bunker Bay, a cove on Geographe Bay
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse

Iconic 1903 Lighthouse - starting point for the Cape-to-Cape Hike


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb