PIRATE FOR A LITTLEWING DAY...The "Duyfken"


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
August 4th 2014
Published: August 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

PIRATE FOR A LITTLEWING DAY...The "Duyfken". I only knew one pirate until the other day. Denise and I met her for Travelblog's 2013 Sydney Get-together with Jo Trouble, RJT, John & Sylvia and JetSet. We knew of her in the ether as Littlewing...but got to know her as Cindy...travelled from Perth to join us. We went on a tall ship in Sydney Harbour...a photo exhibition...chocolate indulgence...t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 113, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




5th August 2014

I like boring.
The perfect place to live. Not only does it ferment adventure - it makes a perfect retreat between the last one and the next. Wouldn't want to visit though - for that you'd need zany and weird. Meet anyone like that in Perth?
5th August 2014

I like not boring.
I agree Jason from my flash visit that Perth and Fremantle look great places to live. If my visit is any indication also great places to visit. You would love the Duyfken...impossible not to...a magical time capsule to another time and place. Boring...not even close!!!
5th August 2014

Freemantle cannot be safe
I can only imagine the trouble the two of you can get in together. Yes, please bring Denise next time to keep an eye on things. Or will she add to the festivities.....I suspect so. What a great reunion!
5th August 2014

Fremantle cannot be safe
Thanks MJ. I was amazed how beautiful Fremantle was. Yet I suppose great company and fun times help in moulding opinion. I reckon by now I'm getting the message across that TB reunions and meet-ups are priceless. Bring them on!
5th August 2014

Thank You, me hearty ;)
Dancing Dave what an honor to have shown you the beating heart of the Dove, my stomping ground and my heritage. Too short a time! Cant wait to have much more time to show you and Denise around the rest of Perth and Freo, and show you the horizon - your photos do such justice to our beautiful little ship. Til next time my friend :)
5th August 2014

Thank You, me hearty ;)
Thanks go to you Cindy. Amazing how much we could cram into such a short time together...amazing that it is Travelblog that brings us together. Glad the photos give a taste of the extraordinary beauty of Little Dove. Next time...and there will be a next time...really hoping we're under full sail on the Duyfken...riding the waves with wind in our face.
5th August 2014

Ahoy There!
Woolly here Captain Dancing Dave, do they have room for a Mammoth on board? We both loved the sea tale you told and the photo's are great.
5th August 2014

Ahoy There!
Thanks Jo and Woolly...dreaming of the taste of salt air and wind in your face...living the dreams of centuries past...crossing the oceans in a funky courageous wooden ship...why wouldn't anyone relish the chance?
5th August 2014
LITTLEWING...PIRATE IN CHAINS

Littlewing's Little Dove
Fremantle looks charming, and how great to have a private tour of Cindy's Duyfken. Fabulous that they're replicating it down to the details--a gift for lovers of time travel. Another great meet-up of wild Travel Bloggers.
5th August 2014
LITTLEWING...PIRATE IN CHAINS

Littlewing's Little Dove
Here's the proof Tara...the risks and delights of TB get-togethers. And the Duyfken...how good is that?
6th August 2014

Thanks for sharing pics of Freo! I used to live in Perth... ages ago!
And it is a hidden paradise! Coming from France, I was so amazed (and shocked!) at how friendly people were in WA! Perfect strangers used to say "good morning" to me in the street! Perth is great! How cool would it be to sail on the Duyfken to Rottnest Island?!
6th August 2014

I used to live in Perth... ages ago! And its a hidden paradise!
Freo Francais Jeremy...who'd have thought...but have you biked across Oz? Now that's a thought! Freo to Rottnest in the Little Dove...got me itching...that would be beyond cool...I'd even pull out my wooden leg and macaw for that one!
6th August 2014

Pirates!
I have a vision of the Pirates reunion...and I have a feeling it was definitely NOT boring.....and no doubt it's not the last one :)
6th August 2014

Pirates reunion
I reckon you'd make a cool pirate Rachael...tall ships and you go well together. A pirate's reunion...great idea...I know just the place!
17th August 2014

I tried the prisoner life myself...
...now in Malta and it's mind-blowing to be stuck in one of those contraptions. Thankfully it's only temporary! As always ace photography from my favourite dancing master. :)
18th August 2014

I tried the prisoner life myself...
I guess with so many forts in Malta and its geographic position...a prisoners life would not be a merry thing!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb