42 Degrees - Fiona get's a job


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
March 23rd 2005
Published: March 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Andrew & FionaAndrew & FionaAndrew & Fiona

In the back garden at Bayswater
It was soooooooooooo hot today, 42 degrees, I bet it was snowing at home, wasn't it, come you can tell me, don't be shy, we're all friends here.

It was the hottest March day on record, it's meant to be heading into winter here, not likely, ain't had no winter like this before, or summer come to metnion it, the expected temperature is around 29-31 but we've been getting an average of around 37, cannae be bad as my old man would say.

Fiona got a job today without even applying for one! We went into town and looked in on Lara in her office, we were meeting the bosses when one of them mentioned (they’re in the recruitment business) that a client of theirs was looking for a receptionist, the client being Rolls Royce.

Anyway we quickly edited Fiona’s CV to show her years of experience in the reception industry, (is there such an industry?), and as you would expect we noted her passion for Great British luxury cars, washing them for fun in her spare time and that.

After a couple of phone calls Fiona put the old ‘Who (shouldn’t that be whom?) you know’ concept to good use and was offered the position, in trendy Freemantle, on $20 an hour!!

Now I’ve been bombarding agencies with my CV, meeting reps from IT companies who want me to do some contracting for them, promising me the earth but (as of yet) delivering nothing, this is Karma kicking me in the ass, and as you know, Karma is a vengeful elephant.

See if Fiona gets a company car I’m going to lose the plot.

Until the next time, take care of yourself, and each other.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb