Perth & Fremantle, Western Australia (22 - 31 May 2009)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
April 13th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Perth & Fremantle, Western Australia (22 - 31 May 2009)

Once arrived in Perth, I checked in at a hostel in Northbridge, where most of the residents were long-term British and Irish. Pretty cool people, and during my 2 nights there we mainly spent the time playing cards or going out in one of the nearby pubs & clubs in this lively neighbourhood.

However, after visiting Perth and the surroundings I headed further to Fremantle, a cool and very relaxed historical little town only half an hour south-west of Perth. The Old Firestation Hostel was a fantastic place with lots of cool people and lots of activities, such as table-tennis tournaments, free pool, free internet, a huge lounge & tv area as well as an outside backyard with beer benches, jukebox and even an open air cinema! The beaches further south were easily accessible by free bus, and so Dave (an Aussie), Wendy (Canada) & Vicky (UK) spent quite some time there relaxing and swimming. Very cool!

Fremantle has a cool pub scene, so of course we were also discovering this side of the town, even though we spent most of the evenings hanging out at the hostel.... On Sunday i was watching the F1 race, taking place in Melbourne, in a nearby bar, and some other day I went souvenir shopping in Perth.

We also went exploring the northern beaches in Cottesloe, and together with Melissa (USA), Wendy & Vicky we spent some great hours at the Indian Ocean.

The time was flying by, and after a great week in Fremantle (meeting many cool people!) it was time to get the train to Perth and the taxi from there to the airport (Melissa was taking a 3 days train ride to the very north of the country, so she joined me into town) to go to Bali.

So this was my last episode in Oceania, and I for sure will come back one day to discover more of New Zealand and Australia!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

South beach
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Aussie-style car starting aid...
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Vicky (UK)
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Backyard of Old Firestation Hostel
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Dave (AUS) & Wendy (CAN)
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Ella (FRA) & Vicky (UK)
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Melissa (USA)
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Cottesloe beach
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Vicky & Wendy
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Vicky, I, Wendy & Melissa
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

South beach


Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb