cottesloe pie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

nov 3 so to sit here in swanbourne overlooking that western shore after three years, to be 'home', reconnecting with family and friends at least i'm able to write these humble words when before paralysis of angst and indecision seized me. oh the golden west where resource riches ruled. it will be an interesting vantage point for WDII, world depression two, following logically from great war, great depression, WWII. andrew 'twiggy' forrest lost ten billion in a month, at least he can stil afford the absurdly expensive lifestyle here in w.a.. long walks on foreshore seeing birds i can't find in book. was it a plover playing on the rocks? a darter dryed then dove in. more preedators. lunch of kidney beans, carrots and homous. at least the beer block was cheep. must buy a vehicle!
nov 4 showery bluster. morning riverside the thump, thump, thump of the rowers. rain obscures the city. rivulets run down to river and i'm thinking of the miracle of gravity, not much considered on your way to work but i've got time. time for a crested tern to dive, a laughing turtle dove to perch, time to get annoyed with the buzz of suburban machinery... home, kate, cottesloe and the kind of connections that twenty four years creates. still it'll take months to truely settle. importantly my mood is calm. the conflict that was tearing my innards is gone. can a new phase of the campaign be created?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb