Exmouth Friday 22 June


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
June 22nd 2012
Published: June 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I think the wind is following us! Not quite as bad as earlier in the trip but enough to be noisy in the tent. A beautiful colorful sunrise has given way to mostly sunny skies with just a few white to light grey clouds floating past. We are only going for tops of around 22 - 25c for the time we are here. I'm so glad I brought my wetsuit! Although calling in at the dive shop this morning they advised that the water temp is also around 25c. I did have my dive with the whale sharks booked for Sunday, but when I checked with the dive shop they only had me booked on the boat. A minimum of 5 is required to take the boat out. I had a choice between tomorrow or Monday. I've picked tomorrow.

Steve has taken the Land Cruiser in to the tyre shop to get a puncture repaired. Once he's back we'll see where we're heading for the day.

We took the Rangie for a drive. Out to the end of the point at the lighthouse then around the other side of the peninsula to a few of the beaches. A lot of the area islocked out to the public for the defense force. Testament to this are the massive HF antennas that dominate the skyline at the end of the peninsula. The lighthouse provides a commanding view over the water as well hinterland. We also took a drive to the wreck of the Mildura. Not sure of it's history but is no more than 150m from the beach. This could be an interesting dive on a calm day, unfortunately today is not one of them?

This afternoon has been a very quiet time sitting around in the sun reading. Steve has been up to the local tip to do an oil change in the Land Cruiser as well of course have a look around.

Tonight, being Friday it's fish and chips for dinner.

1.5 hours aftthe placing the order the fish and chips were finally ready! There were not too many orders going out that we could see, just very slow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

"wait for me""wait for me"
"wait for me"

Debbie chasing Steve and Sandy up the sand dune


22nd June 2012

Debbie
Debbie powered up the hill and overtook me by the top - never to be left behind!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb