Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Esperance
October 21st 2014
Published: October 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Here is our latest travel update from Esperance Western Australia.

On leaving Albany we headed for Ravensthorpe which was just basically a stop off point for a quick diversion inland to Hyden where the renowned "Wave Rock" is located. This was another item on the bucket list that is now ticked off and I must say it was well worth the 195km trip through the never ending wheat fields (Western Australia's grain belt).

Even though the weather was atrocious, it managed to clear enough for us to walk and see the Wave Rock, the Hippo's Yawn and Mulka's Cave (excellent rock art) with an abundance of wild flowers thrown in. We continuously marvel at what mother nature can do with solid rock over a lot of time.

From Ravensthorpe we then headed to Esperance and all that the area has to offer including Lucky Bay, Frenchman's Peak, Thistle Cove and Hellfire Bay all within the Cape Le Grand National Park. All Absolutely beautiful with what was voted Australia's "whitest sand beaches" and blue green waters.

I must also state we will miss the huge variety of native wild flowers we keep coming across
A storm building over the endless wheat fields.A storm building over the endless wheat fields.A storm building over the endless wheat fields.

This is WA's grain belt which goes on for hundreds upon hundreds of endless kilometres.
in our adventures throughout the south of WA. Again really spectacular and it is very hard not to get out of control taking photos of them all. Note I have been trying to sneak some of them into the scenery photos just to wet your appetite.

Hope you enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Lyn in the Hippo's Yawn.Lyn in the Hippo's Yawn.
Lyn in the Hippo's Yawn.

Not a lot of imagination needed to see why it is called this.


21st October 2014

Another fantastic blog
Thankyou. Wave Rock looks great and I love the pictures of Hellfire Bay and Lucky Bay. The view of the Bay from Esperence is a great pic. Enjoy
21st October 2014

Thanks again.
Yes. The views are fantastic, even though we have to wait for breaks in the weather at the moment to get the shots. Today is looking much better though and we are heading for Norseman and Kalgoorlie.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb