El Questro


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

El Questro Wilderness Park is a 400,000 ha working cattle station.

We arrived and joined the que to book in. You are told to make camp where-ever you find a spot. As its school holidays it is extremely busy. You can get it all here; horse rides, helicopter sightseeing, heli fishing, boat hire, a restaurant and casual bar, live entertainment each night.

We originally booked in for two nights, but after reading about all the 4 wheel drive tracks, walks, fishing spots and gorges to see we decided to book in for another two.

Day 1

It’s quite hot so after setting up camp we cooled off in the river that flows behind the camping area. Then in the afternoon we took off for the Saddleback Ridge track to watch the sunset.

Day 2

We are up very early to beat the crowds to Zebedee Springs. We arrived at the gate to find it locked (6.30 ish) if we had read the brochure we would have known that it opens at 7am. However we were lucky as the guy turned up just after us and unlocked, we had the springs to ourselves for ½ hour before anyone else turned up. We secured a spot at the top, the water is lovely and warm, cascading down and over the rocks forming lovely pools to soak in. R & E arrived a bit later, we all had a good soak and left as the place was filling up.

The afternoon saw us doing a bit of 4 wheel driving, crossing some very rocky river beds to check out Blanco Lookout and another sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Its been a hard dayIts been a hard day
Its been a hard day

Ron & Erica taking it easy
Zebedee SpringsZebedee Springs
Zebedee Springs

Thermal springs
Zebedee SpringsZebedee Springs
Zebedee Springs

The water temperature is just like having a warm bath


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb