Rodeo, Races and Roast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Derby
October 9th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke pretty early on Saturday and got straight into organsing the brunch. We thought a big day at the races deserved a big cookup. We had mountains of food, all the usual crew turned up before we downed a few Pink's stapped on the high heels and braved the sun. We were ready for the Picnic Races!

Unfortunately, no one had much luck in the winning department but we all had lots of fun. When the running races started I had consumed just enough champagne to think it was worth entering so I kicked off my heels and headed for the starting line.
We ended up running the race twice, yes someone decided to break and due to the SCORCHING hot ground I ended up with a ginormous blood blister on my toe- opps. That was pretty much the end of my walking for the day.
At around 3pm most of the races were over and so we decided to escape the heat and went home for some down time. I had to sit with my feet in a bucket of iced water!
The ball started at 7pm sharp -or so the ticket read. We all met up again on Loch Street and made our way to the Civic Centre. The food was buffet style but we all enjoyed the roast meat and veggies. The band played some good dancing tunes and there was defnitely some dancing to be had. The highlight of the night was when an audience member decided to get on stage on give ger best rendition of - oh I forget the song, but there was air guitar and sliding and writhing around on her belly moves. Quite the entertainer! We were home by midnight and of course we had big smiles on our faces as we once again collapsed into bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

X-Ray Pete X-Ray Pete
X-Ray Pete

poor Pete, he's the only guy among so many girls. i'm sure he just hates that!


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 75; dbt: 0.112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb