Denmark


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
March 13th 2014
Published: March 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Denmark Denmark Denmark

River walk
Arrived in Denmark and chose to stay at a caravan park out of town and next to the sea,very peaceful and away from the crowds.Again some stunning views from the cliff tops just out of the caravan park.Denmark derives it's name from the river that runs through it and provides opportunities for a variety of riverside walks.Only a small town it still provides the traveler with all the essentials.Within only a short distance from the town are several iconic attractions, Greens Pool,Elephant Rocks,Tree top walk and of course the Wineries.

Greens pool is a safe sheltered pool protected from the ocean by an array of rocks of varying size and shapes and has a large clean beach, this is a favorite with locals and visitors alike.The water is something to see with contrasting colours and so clear.Our first visit there was on a cloudy day, a good day for photographs but perhaps not for swimming,our second visit was in contrast a very warm and sunny day making the water look very inviting.Once you passed the ooo! eee! stage entering the water it became very refreshing.

Elephant rocks are in the same vicinity, which also provide shelter from the ocean and make a safe swimming destination.It is easy to see why the rocks are so named, the shapes give the appearance of elephants bathing in the water and provide some stunning opportunities for photographers and painters.Not a place to miss when in the vicinity.

The tree top walk refers to a walk 40 metres above the forest floor among the Red Tingle trees some of the tallest trees in the world and certainly the tallest trees in Western Australia which can only be seen here in the Wilderness Park.These tree can grow up to 70 metres with a girth of 20 metres and reach several hundred years of age, hence the name giants of the forest.The walk constructed of metal walkways high above the forest floor offers the opportunity to walk among the giants and wonder at nature at it's best and most stunning.The Ancient Empire Walk is adjacent to the tree top walk and meanders through a grove of veteran trees at ground level and gives visitors another perspective of these magnificent giants.

This whole area is literally littered with wineries and along the roads are signs inviting you to come in to the cellar door for wine tasting,there are so many so caution is recommended if you wish to remain in touch with your senses.We did however take the opportunity to attend a music afternoon at one of the local wineries and sample some of their wines, very enjoyable accompanied by Ron the designated driver.

Our next stop is Pemberton not to far away as we continue our journey through this beautiful part of SA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement




Rocks protecting Greens Pool














Elephant rocks


18th March 2014

Another great journey Bill, beautiful photos
23rd April 2014

i have always heard from people about Denmark and have seen it in pictures, that it is a worth seeing place, and now after reading your post i have taken a firm decision to plan my next trip to Denmark. it was worth reading and really amusing to know more about Denmark, nice photo collection. thanks for sharing :) www.thenomadicfamily.com

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb