A Day in Denmark


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
April 10th 2012
Saved: September 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Susan and I have just had a great day in Denmark. After breakfast we had a brisk 45 minute walk along the river, followed by a latte and some browsing in the shops. We took a picnic lunch and set off for the beach. Beaches actually.... first stop was the 'Ocean Beach' where the surf club is. As we watched the breakers roll in Susan explained a bit about the theory of surfing, what the waves are called etc. Then we encountered an avid fisherman who was at the lookout with his binoculars, trying to guess where the schools of fish (as evidenced largely by the swirls of gulls) were going to approach the shore, so he could plan his assault.

Then we drove a few minutes to the Monkey Rock car park. A 20 minute uphill climb brought us to some striking rock formations from which there were great vistas of the coast. Next we headed to Lights Beach in William Bay National Park. a certain way down the beach we found a good bit of sand. Sue swam and I paddled, and then we sat enjoying the sun and the ocean breeze. I have no recollection of being bitten, but some insect sat enjoying me, because I have several large welts on my neck. After a lovely sunset we headed out, bought some groceries and returned to the hostel. Susan had some work to attend to, and I have been enjoying an animated discussion with some people my age from Denmark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

11th April 2012

Great photos
Thanks for the update Carole, Hope those Aussie bugs don't get the better of you. Great photos
11th April 2012

What beautiful beaches! Makes me think of NZ :)

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb