Denmark


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
November 1st 2011
Published: November 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Chick Lesson 1Chick Lesson 1Chick Lesson 1

How to find your lunch when at the beach
We told a number oif friends that we would visit Denmark just before Christmas. They all had visions of us seeing Princess Mary and her children at the supermarket etc. But we withheld that it was Denmark WA.

Anyway, we made our visit and left with a chuckle. The town brochure is all about the greater district and its history and seemingly claiming all interesting sites from Cape Leeuin to Paris. (I exagerate only a little)

Anyway, it is a picturesque town on a river with a fabulous park on the banks. The main street is great and a bakery is very well known for its quality breads and cakes. Not cheap, but very yummy and a great crowd queued up to buy.

The gem is a little east out of town, so my photos are around Wilson Bay or Elephant Rocks and Green Pool. If you want a little slice of heaven, this is where to go. There is no camping or caravan park or anyother accomodation at Wilsons Bay, just two good carparks catering for many cars and caravans etc.

From earlier blogs you will have seen that this southern coastline is very rocky and baring many off shore reefs, and this coast is the same, kind of. The formations have changed and there is a fantastick lagoon for kids at Green Pool and enough huge rocks to keep the camera busy at Elephant Rocks. For good measure the side of the hill behind elephant rocks was colourful with wild flowers.

Then there are the local birds. Enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Denmark WADenmark WA
Denmark WA

A cute riverside town on WA southern coast.
Elephant Rocks 1Elephant Rocks 1
Elephant Rocks 1

Access to beach is good down wooden stairs and board walk.
Elephant Rocks 2Elephant Rocks 2
Elephant Rocks 2

The final access is between these two huge rocks - water world flow here at high tide I think.


6th July 2012
Chick Lesson 1

ATF. Q
Q
16th May 2013
Green Pool 07

HElo i Licke yur pickturaa. beckaus it is beautifulll and the si is blu Macke mor pickturaas plis i want tu siu mor Ps : I love my handwrite

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb