Perth to Esperance


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Cowaramup
August 25th 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Perth to Margaret River





We left Perth early and headed for Margaret River. I had booked us into the Big 4 at Cowaramup (or as the locals call it cow town). It was called Taunton farm and was a nice country farm park with cows, horses, goats and a huge pig. Pretty cold over night though.

Jim got a local map and set up a tour of the attractions around Margaret River, like chocolate, cheese, silk, wineries and a providore.

We bought lots of yummies and finished at Brewery - not great beer here though. Even Wayne had trouble downing the local ale. I think the boys will stick to the good old favourite – XXXX GOLD.





Margaret River to Albany Friday 10th August





We left Margaret River early again and headed for Albany, stopping at the cow town bakery to get some bread, pies etc.

We decided to go right down to Cape Lewin to look at the lighthouse and see where the two oceans meet - that’s the Indian and the Southern. We had morning tea there. It’s a really rugged place with fabulous scenery.

Travelling onto Albany was a big trip that day. I had booked us into the Middleton Beach Big 4 van park right on the beach. High sand dunes meant we couldn’t see the water.

The next day we had a good look around, going out for breakfast and to the local farmers markets. They were just small but they had lots of really good local produce. Spent up large there as well.

We did a drive out to Frenchman’s Point and had Devonshire tea there. After that we called into look at the “Gap” and the ”Natural Bridge” - awesome scenery – can you see Jim in one of the photos standing on the “Bridge”. Took lots of photos. More rain overnight so not much to do, stayed warm and dry in our vans.





Albany to Esperance Sunday 12th August



Another long drive and we arrived in Esperance just after lunch. I had booked us into the Foreshore van park.

At last we have sites with decent views. We looked out over the bay, but the weather was crap so couldn’t take advantage of the good sites. Never mind it was a nice change to have a decent view.

We spent that afternoon sightseeing - took the tourist drive right around and saw some absolutely beautiful beaches (best in Australia they say), and spectacular scenery.

The next day we went food shopping and we all meet again at the Dome restaurant for lunch.

Wayne and Gaile have had TV problems right from the start of the trip. They decided to buy a new TV in Alice Springs, but by the time we got to Esperance that had shit itself so they had to go buy another one.

Not sure this caravanning is agreeing with them but they are taking it all in there stride we all give them a bit of stick about.


End


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb