4th July 2012 (Carnarvon)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Carnarvon
July 4th 2012
Published: July 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

DAYS ON THE ROAD = 4


Woke again to yet another glorious day even though the day has started off abit chilly, expecting 25oC today. Another shorts wearing day. Oh please legs get abit tanned.

Well Charles is our travel guide organiser for our trip and we are off to the OTC (Overseas Telecommunications Commission) Sattellite which was used in conjuction with NASA in their Apollo flight missions around earth orbit and moon landings. It's absolutely massive and have attached a photo so you can see the enormity of the satellite. The space museum has only just been opened a week ago with Buzz Aldrin flying in from the states to do the honours. Not overlly into space myself but it was certainly interesting and Charles loved it.

From here we set off to Bumbuck Plantation for a one hour guided tour. We learnt many an interesting fact of the life cycle of the banana tree, mango trees and the processes involved with table grape growing. I will certainly have a greater appreciation of these fruits after learning what goes into just getting them to market and our table. Bloody marvelous tour.

Fact File

It takes 18 months for a banana tree to fully mature, then it's chopped down ready for the new tree sprouts to grow.

Mangoes are pollinated by blowflies.

Grape bunches are shaped to how the end consumer believes grape bunches should look.


After crossing the Gascoyne River which we thought was empty only to be told that it is actually an upsidedown river and that the water sits 18m below the service, amazing. We headed to try out chocolate covered strawberries. Absolutely devine but not good for the waistline. I'm certainly going to have to start running again with all these delicious foods and wines that I'm enjoying.

Tyre rim has now arrived in Carnarvon and needs to be fitting, will be picking up tomorrow. Our last day in Carnarvon then we're on the move again.

Okay sightseeing over, time to go back to the van and enjoy a coldy as the sun sets.....







Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



7th August 2012

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
make shore you don't fall down like humpty-dumpty
11th August 2012

I miss you
are you going to visit D2 when you come back. where are you today. Do you wish you wher still at school.
17th August 2012

Visiting D2
Hi to D2 Yes I visit the school when I come back which will be next year sometime.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb