Final Days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Carnarvon
September 11th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi, thanks for following our adventures. We have been home for 5 days and now have time to finalise the last days of our trip.

After Pannawonnica we had planned to visit Onslow but the bug to now be home had bitten and we instead headed for Carnarvon. Carnarvon is a place Judy visited for work several years ago and we have only ever driven through it so Rags thought it would lovely to spend our last couple of days in the sun here and get to know the tourist side, so that's what we did! And Trevor we didn't forget to buy fresh vegies from the growers markets. Previously, with the caravan in tow it's been too difficult to park and buy vegies from the little places so we enjoyed browsing and buying the cheap produce here.

Wednesday was very blowy so we were pleased that when we left Carnarvon on Thursday morning at 7.30 am it was still. We saw our first clouds that morning but they disappeared and it wasn't until we were just north of Northhampton that we saw serious clouds and a few drops of rain.

Coalseam Conservation Park, between Mullewa & Mingenew was our final stop and here we enjoyed the show of everlastings, birds and spectacular scenery. We will return here to give this area the attention it deserves. A night here was followed by a long drive home, the weather deteriorating the further south we came. By the time we reached the metropolitan area it was raining and we questioned why we had left the warmer, fine weather we have experienced for nearly 4 months.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



17th September 2009

Last Days
I have enjoyed reading about your travels, but I am always happier when I know you are only a few streets away. The Wildflowers look lovely this year from all accounts.
17th September 2009

Hey Jude you will have to come in to work to catch up! Cheers Denise
20th September 2009

Great holiday
Great photos and too bad about the end of the holiday = it always happens!!
21st September 2009

Birds
Hi Karen, glad you enjoyed the pics of birds. It's been a focus of mine this trip and I wasn't sure whether all the bird photos would bore blog viewers!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb