1 K Camp (Saturday 22nd June – Sunday 28th June)


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Coral Bay eager to explore the southern 4WD camp grounds of Cape Range National Park. The southern coastal road that leads to the park was some 40km of bone jarring, teeth rattling corrugations...awesome! Some two hours later, meaning that it was taking us one hour to travel just twenty very bump kilometers, we arrived at Boat Harbor. The camp ground was nestled behind the sand hills and the turquoise waters of the bay were perfectly protected by the natural harbor shaped reef. Looks amazing but alas there are only four campsites and none are free, so we are forced to continue along the corrugated track to 1 K Camp. Hmm, not quite the same picturesque setting here, rock ledges, sharp reef and no sandy beach. Oh well, we set up camp and wait to see what the new day will have in store for us.

As the sun rises above our Jayco’s, Matt and James head back to Boat Harbor to check for camp availabilities and we’ve lucked in, two sites are awaiting our arrival, yippee!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb