25th July 2012 (Cape Range National Park)


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

DAYS ON THE ROAD = 25




Wednesday 25th July 2012

Okay enough's enough. Sleep deprived again due to yet another windy night. Charles and I were awoken in the night by the wind which we then have to rush outside to pull our washing off the line or lose it, we're now awake and decide to do abit of star gazing, we can see more stars here which is really exciting. Tonight we can see Jupiter and Venice as well. Even though I'm tired I do a 5km run to the next bay and see a couple of kangaroos hopping in front of me, fantastic.

We went off to another gorge today, Mandu-Mandu Gorge which is also a Class 4 walking trail. We head off at the base of the gorge along the dried up river rock bed which extends quite a distance. We then had to ascend up the gorge through quite a tricky rock path to get up there, in some places we were quite vertical. We reached the summit and have to walk along the top of the gorge back to the starting point but there was more challenges in store for us as we also had to up and down some more rock faces.

All in all it took us 2.5 hours and we were certainly tired when we got back to the car but proud that we had all completed it. The girls were absolute gems and loved the challenge of going down and up rocks. They are certainly starting to learn about their safety and environment and knowing that they need to take it carefully and not be gun hoe all the time.

Saw some more wild life today in the way of emus, a wild bush turkey which are really weird looking birds and kangaroos. After our walk we head back to the campground to go for a swim. When we entered we felt the steam coming off our backs from the cold water, it was a welcomed relief.

We're in for another windy night as yet again, the wind had already started up mid-afternoon so Charles and I decide to pull the awning in.

We're heading back into Exmouth tomorrow so I'm really surprised to see that we have only used one tank of water whilst staying three nights out and the battery is still sitting at 3/4. I think we passed the test.

Looking forward to our next destination after Exmouth, Karrijini National Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



9th August 2012

wow
thos pictures are grat alicia

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb