Bunbury


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bunbury
October 7th 2009
Published: November 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

TransWATransWATransWA

No Greyhound south of Perth, but luckily TransWA filled the void.
Oct. 7th: This day didn’t exactly start off on the right foot. As we were getting ready to leave Fremantle, Hill dropped her small bottle of foundation. Not a big deal… until it hit the ground spraying foundation everywhere! And guess what? She was wearing her brand new light pink hoodie (not to mention it somehow even made it up to her face and on her contacts, which she was wearing at the time). Unfortunately it became stained. We tried washing it right away, but it was all in vain. As her only sweatshirt, she was really bummed (and since it was bought at an outlet shop, they had no more in her size). But we had a schedule to follow, so off to Bunbury!

Bunbury’s a cute little town located right on the coast, about a three hour drive from Perth. While there isn’t much to do in Bunbury, we really enjoyed our time there and appreciated the relaxing atmosphere.

Our first day in Bunbury, we did very little besides exploring the town a bit (as we arrived in the evening). The following day, we took a long walk to the beach and around the bay, stopping at
YHAYHAYHA

The Dolphin Retreat hostel.
a little café for drinks. While I used some internet, Hill wandered into the town shopping centre and stumbled upon a week-long talent show the town happened to be having at the time. She was very impressed with the talent! After that, we explored the town further, and came across a tour to climb, from which you get a lovely view of Bunbury, the beach/bay and ocean. It was really nice!

The next day, we were ready to move on. We scheduled two nights in most of these smaller towns, this way we could see more of the south-west tip of Australia. So it was time to move on to the next town, Margaret River!

Kevin (and Hillary)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

YHA - 2YHA - 2
YHA - 2

The hostel was a fairly homely type of place. Small but cozy.
WalkWalk
Walk

Me trying out the not so conventional playground equipment.
Walk - 2Walk - 2
Walk - 2

The lighthouse and the coast.
Walk - 3Walk - 3
Walk - 3

Along the bay there were some really nice apartments.
TowerTower
Tower

The viewing tower in Bunbury as seen from the distance.
StatuesStatues
Statues

We've been finding Australia has a lot of crazy statues. lol
DowntownDowntown
Downtown

Plenty of little shops and restaurants along the main street.
LunchLunch
Lunch

One day we had Chinese, and the other we had Thai. I dare even say better than McDonalds. lol
Walk - 4Walk - 4
Walk - 4

After a break during mid day, we ventured back out to check out the viewing tower.
Tower - 2Tower - 2
Tower - 2

Hill ready to give the tower a little climb.
Tower - 3Tower - 3
Tower - 3

Hill with the nice view to the bay.
Tower - 4Tower - 4
Tower - 4

This is now panning to the left, out to the ocean.
Tower - 5Tower - 5
Tower - 5

We're now looking back towards the town. A little more than opposite from where Hillary was standing.
Tower - 6Tower - 6
Tower - 6

One last shot continuing to pan left.
MonumentMonument
Monument

This crazy ball was rolling in place. I think it was floating on water pouring out from the base.
MorningMorning
Morning

Hill went to check out the Talent Show one last time, and I went exploring on the hill over looking the town (visible in photo Tower - 5).
Morning - 2Morning - 2
Morning - 2

Imagine your high school having a view out to the ocean. Talk about awesome.


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb