The amazing Kimberley Area


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
May 21st 2010
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -17.9551, 122.241

On the evening of May 21 we arrived in Broome. The following morning we headed out on an organized tour through the Kimberley Area of Western Australia. We were with a group of 9 other couples. Our main destination was to travel the Gibb Road, which had just opened that morning due to road closures as a result of unseasonable rain. Our agenda had been changed a bit due to the bad roads, but we were off. There were many many hours of driving, as this area is huge. But over the eight days we did manage to see some very wonderful country and made some great new friends. Some of the trip highlights were Galvans Gorge and Emma Gorge, where we hiked into pools of water under lovely waterfalls. We also enjoyed a half day cruise down Chamberlain Gorge where we were introduced to Archer Fish, that spit at your hand when you put it out! Very entertaining. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Purnululu National Park, home of the striped beehive domes of the Bungle Bungle Range. Here we did a helicopter ride over the area, which was truly amazing. I still can't believe I got in that small helicopter with no doors, but it was thrilling. On this trip we did see a few wallabies, freshwater crocodiles, a goanna, and a dingo. But where are the kangaroos!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb