Days 91 to 95 - Back to Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
June 30th 2015
Published: July 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Back in Broome to catch up on domestic duties (does that include the travel blog). We had previously stayed at Town Caravan Park which is perfectly located on Roebuck Bay. They only had one very small site available this time so we tried Vacation Village on the way to the Port at Broome. It is the best caravan park in Broome. It is clean and tidy, has lovely staff and the atmosphere is one of pride and value for money.

First thing Saturday morning we headed off to the market for breakfast. Tasty muesli followed by delish bacon, salad and egg sandwich. Whilst there Lenny booked us on a sunset cruise for the evening so it was back to the campground for lunch and change of clothes.

The cruise started with a very wet ride to a lovely old yacht. Once on board the band started to play, Bob Marley. Thirty five of us set off to sail the length of Cable Beach and back again for four hours. Our hopes of seeing whales dwindled as we did not seem to venture more than a couple of hundred metres from the beach. Many of the passengers were friends of the band. Lots of food was served and we made the most of the outing. Unfortunately, where we went the smokers followed. Such is the price of popularity! We saw the distant camels on the beach and a wedding as the sun set.

We took over the Camp Kitchen which is extremely well equipped with BBQ, fridge, hot plates, toaster...(we have been dying for toast) and a kettle. Lenny set himself with the laptop and accessories to catch up on the travel blog and Georgi busied herself doing the washing, cleaning the Cruiser and supplying the blogger with tasty meals. Tas hot smoked salmon crepes was the favourite.

Our last day in Broome arrived. We headed once again to Cable Beach to see the Camels and have cocktails at Zanders. The camels are beautifully decorated with the three teams in red, blue and green. We enjoyed fish n chips as we watched the earth revolve away from the sun (sunset to all you flat earth people). Hundreds of people lined the clifftop to enjoy the orange sky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb