18th - 27th August 2012 (80 Mile Beach to Broome)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 27th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Days on the Road = 58 Days (8 Weeks and 2 Days)


After a wonderful farewell from our neighbours we hit the road from Eighty Mile Beach to Broome it's a long day ahead of us but we're really excited to move onto our next destination and have a nice lengthy stay of four weeks. Again, we've heard mixed reviews about Broome but we're going with our own eyes so we have no expectations except for lovely warm weather!

There's not much to look at along the way just bush after bush. The temperature is starting to rise as we head further up north and the car thermometer is recording 38oC outside, nice. I can see lots of swimming being done in Broome.

After quite a few hours on the road and feeling rather tired, we eventually pull into Broome and check into Cable Beach Caravan Park. The 500 site park is massive, full of trees which will provide great shade over the van and a lovely large swimming pool. The caravan park is buzzing and it's packed, August is apparently the biggest month in Broome as this is when the Broome Races are on and people flock here in the thousands. Come the end of the month, when the races are over and the temperature starts to rise people start heading home. We have a great site within the park as we are not far from the pool, amenities block and playground. As we're quite tired, we set-up as much as we can before we call it quits for the night with a cold beer.

We've started to come across a lot more midges, sand-flies and mosquitos heading up north so we have decided to let off a bomb in the annexe and vacate for a couple of hours whilst the spray takes its effect. We drive around Broome to familiarise ourselves with the town and then stop for a bite to eat at the one and only McDonalds! I've decided that tomorrow will be a rest day for the whole family so no schoolwork for the girls, much to their delight.

For the next week we basically have been getting our bearings, collecting all the brochures of all the tourist activities we can do, swimming (lots of it) and schooling the girls.

There are many different areas to Broome that all have their own story to tell and I'm certainly looking forward to finding out about each and everyone during our stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb