Alice to Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
June 13th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Alice to Broome Leg


Camels on Cable beach at sunsetCamels on Cable beach at sunsetCamels on Cable beach at sunset

These came right past our picnic spot....luv this shot
Greetings folks it's been a while since our last blog entry....we've had some technical issues lately...(that's mechanical issues not I.T. issues thank you very much).
Since the last update we bypassed the Tanami as we had issues with the trailer and the vehicle...so we stayed on the bitumen and went straight up the guts to Katherine then across to WA. Not much to speak of in between. Halls Creek..the town you want to bypass. We camped at a so called "Lodge" a few kays out of H.C. It was more like "Bartertown" from "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome". I should've taken a photo but the dusty conditions would've killed my camera.
Broome is lovely....there's not much to it....the desert outback then the beach....but what a beach.
Great swimming ....good food....great fishing.....awesome sunsets.......definetly gotta bring the missus up here and stay at the "Broome Sanctuary resort"...nice apartments and not too pricey either.
Went on a charter I caught a nice Spanish Mackerel...Steve got onto a large Bronze Whaler....brought him up to the boat....then it snapped the wire trace like it was pasta.....adrenalin stuff!!
Next we go up to Cape Leveque then we tackle the Gibb River road.....
Adios Muchachos !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Panorama Beach shotPanorama Beach shot
Panorama Beach shot

Went nuts with the camera in "panorama" mode
Beach drivingBeach driving
Beach driving

Lots of fun
Big Shark !!Big Shark !!
Big Shark !!

Steve hooked a big Bronze Whaler and after a 10min battle brought it up to the side of the boat...then it took off and snapped the wire trace....bugger !!
Carnivores take noteCarnivores take note
Carnivores take note

You will not starve in Broome....food is plentiful.


14th June 2010

Having Fun Are We
Latest from Melbourne 1.House sold GOOD PRICE 2.Cath ran off with Johny 3.Sleazy run off with Lucky 4.George you got hte cat. 5.Weather Hot Damm Hot. 6.Spiro put kidds on the market no takers as yet
14th June 2010

You lucky barstards.
14th June 2010

Lucky lads
Hi George, and the rest of the trio, sounds like like you've had some exciting episodes since your last blog. The photos you took were amazing, just like picture postcards. Coincidentally the weather guy on "Sunrise" was up in Broome on Friday and was standing on the beach where people go to watch the sunsets. Just gorgeous. Hope you're enjoying the beautiful warm weather cos it's pretty cold back home in Mebourne. Have you had a camel ride? Any way take care and I look forward to reading yu next blog. Connie x PS love the IT comment.
14th June 2010

I'd give my right leg (well, may be my little toe nail on my right foot) to swap places with you guys! It was minus one in Rutherglen last night- although the Durif at Jones' winery made it bearable! The photos are gorgeous... it's amazing how many km's you've covered already. Looking forward to your next installment :)
14th June 2010

Which camels were you guys on? And why a catamaran on land with no one aboard sailing? But oh that food - I should show Lucky the photos so he knows what he is missing out on since he decided to stay at home and watch over the cat.
14th June 2010

reply to anonymous
Judging by the comment about food...I'd say the anonymous person is Ange.
16th June 2010

Greetings from berlin
Budge How good is technology. here I am sitting in our apertment in berlin blogging you in broome - ausome. Sounds like the trip has been ace - nice makerel!!! E-mailed you last time to stay at margaret Billabong our of Halls Creek - perhaps you didn't get the message Enjoy the trip mate - It looks awesome - how good is that part of the world!!!!! Germany says hello looking forward to seeing you again Regards DF
18th June 2010

Kick Ass
Hey Steve, trip looks like a killer, we have a fantastic country here, Looks like I need to plan another trip
19th June 2010

Halls Creek
yep Dave, I couldn't remember the name of the place you mentioned and at the time we had no recepion so I could't look it up. It was only one night....and hey as they say..."it's all part of the adveture"........enjoy Berlin.
21st June 2010

Working hard
Hey Stevie, don't worry about us slaves working hard doing your job, you just have a great time!!
23rd June 2010

Greetings from Sydney
All looks and sounds great. You are all obviously having a great time. It does not look like you're going to starve either.

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb