The Colours of Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made phone phone calls first thing this morning and found that we could get into the Cable Beach Caravan Park for four nights so we quickly made our way there. Once we'd found our site at the very large park, we spend the day discovering Broome.

This time we went to have a look at Gantheaume Point - what fabulous colours - the intense red of the outback meeting the white sand and the intense blue of the sky and the ocean, the different colours of the rocks. There are dinosaur prints on show on the rocks at very low tide which weren't to be seen when we were there, but we were blown away with all we saw. We then drove towards the port, more fabulous colours in rocks and ocean.

We drove once more into Chinatown, this time not only viewing the pearl shops but the shops in the main road - most of the buildings are of corrugated iron, even the homes which have wide eaves but no guttering - I suppose the rain is so heavy in the Wet, gutters can't cope.

We found the Sun Cinema, the old open air theatre. It looked very much like the theatre in the movie Australia but we were told they hadn't used it, but had copied the look for the movie. We finished our tour of Broome back at Cable Beach where we paddled and then waited, with many others, for the beautiful sunset over the ocean - a great day!

We have booked two tours - tomorrow we go to Willie Creek Pearl Farm and on Friday we have booked a flight over the coast and Kimberley. I think the tides aren't right for the Horizontal Falls but we'll fly over them and imagine them when the water's racing through. Broome is a great place and we're loving it!

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY TODAY, EDWARD!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb