Port Hedland to Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 13th 2018
Published: August 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This is the third time I've attempted to write this post. We arrived in Port Hedland and found an Auto Electrician to check the battery. Cost me $90 , and all I got was a couple of 30amp fuses and a bit of advice. Still had the problem with the fridge so found a fridge repairer. He pulled it apart and rang the supplier in Melb. They sent out a part to repair it. So after 4 days in a very nice wayside camp we come back to pick it up only to find out that it was some other problem which would cost a whole lot more to fix. Almost as much as buying a new fridge, which we did.. Spent 3 more days at the campsite as we needed to save up some money to go further onwards. The campsite had plenty of birds and a swimming hole. Our first night was at the racecourse in town, but apparently you can only stay there if you have a toilet and shower onboard, Even though there was a toilet block 300m away. So we got kicked out, which suited us better. It was either stay there couped up like sardines or go 60 km south and have plenty of room to spread out.Eventually we headed north again and our first camp was at Goldsworthy, an abandon iron ore minesite.the next couple were at roadside stops along the highway. We arrived in Broome and spent the first day at Roebuck Bay Bird Observatory and beaches. The next day was checking out the beaches of Broome including the camels on Cable Beach. Our third night was watching the Stairway to the Moon. Which happens each full Moon. After that we headed for Derby.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb