2 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The day started reasonably slowly as we purchased a few more camping items on our way out of town and we waved goodbye to Esperance. All in all the most enjoyable place we have stayed on the journey thus far. Next stop – Albany.

A 500 kilometre trek was daunting a few weeks back but we are clearly building up the tolerance to long road travel as we breezed through most of the day. Nothing new to see on the way as we were backtracking after driving through Albany just last week.

We stopped about 120 kms out of Albany for the last stop of the day but as we progressed it was evident the driver (ie me) had failed to fuel up and the tank was nearing empty. The only option was to head 19 kms off of the beaten track to Cheyne Beach where we decided Albany could wait another night and checked into the local caravan park. Good option as this is another lovely coastal caravan park with plenty of greenery and privacy.

A few tense moments as we started to wind down for the day with a snake from a neighbouring campsite making a b-line straight towards the van. Though the slithery critter made it to within a few metres of us it decided dinner was more readily available elsewhere and off it went. Of course now we are on edge every time we hear a rustle in the bushes but it’s all apart of the camping and caravaning experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb