Cape Kerauden


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are on our way to Port Headland. We drove for hours and then stayed at a place called Cape Kerauden. It was a no power site with drop toilets – definitely not my favourite camp spot but this place was right on the beach and very beautiful. The only problem was we couldn’t swim because of stonefish. We caught up with Sue and Boyce again. Boyce loved my geode experiment so much that I wrote it out for him so that he could do it. The next day we went for a big walk along the beach and I collected more shells to do experiments with.

The next day we drove to Port Headland. This is a mining town and there were mines and roadtrains everywhere! We stocked up with food and snacks and diesel and then headed south to Karajini National Park. We are staying at a place called the Auski Roadhouse for a couple of nights so I can catch up on schoolwork and we can get more water and do some washing. James has learnt to undress himself and so Mum and Dad are very excited. The only problem is he undresses all the time now and walks around in the nude even though it is cold and windy here.

Well tomorrow we are going to Karajini that we have heard a lot of good things about – Dad is very excited because there are lots of bushwalks and gorges -we will see. After that we are going to Exmouth – on the North Western tip of Australia and Ningaloo Reef. We are hopefully going snorkeling at Ningaloo Reef which is also supposed to be amazing! Until next time – stay tuned for more blogging in about two weeks.

Advertisement



5th July 2012

Thanks for the blog Billy
HI Billy we are enjoying reading about your adventures and really loved the photo of Fred chilling. Its sounds like you are having a great time. Tell your Dad that i feel his pain with the State Of Origin. Enjoy Ningaloo reef
6th July 2012

Ningaloo is great. How was Hawaii?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb