Dandenong Ranges, Gum Gully Farm and the Heart of Emerald


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
June 24th 2017
Published: June 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

During the weekend, in the Dandenong Ranges, my middle son married his beautiful fiancé after 9 years together at Silvan’s Gum Gully Farm.

I have been to Gum Gully Farm and came from different directions each time. It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere and mobile coverage is limited, but it's so worth it. There is a chapel where the service took place, the reception was held in the mud brick building that kept warm by two huge open fire places fuelled by massive logs of wood. Have a look at the website... I was too busy enjoying my son's wedding to take 'generic' photos.

Speaking of photos, the wedding party went off for their photos, (ladies in gumboots) to the paddocks and to meet to animals, including a day old lamb.

We stayed two nights at the bed and breakfast ‘The heart of Emerald’ which is literally located in the heart of Emerald, and were able watch the ‘Puffing Billy’ steam train from our rooms. Just next to where the Puffing Billy crossed the road was a train themed playground. Just a little further were Emerald's shopping centre, including the Emerald Village Bakery and Cafe. Seriously, give the cafe's Brioche Breakfast Buns, and Snickers or Bounty hot chocolates.

We stayed in the 'Family Suite' and the 'Two Private Queen Rooms'. While these rooms can all be booked separately, when booked together, the accommodations comprised of a lounge and kitchen on the ground floor with a staircase leading up to the two Queen rooms, a bathroom and separate toilet. Also upstairs is the very retro Family Suite (in Thomas the Tank colours), which consisted of a kitchen area with a table and chairs, queens size bed and an adjoining twin bedroom behind gorgeous frosted glass french doors.

It was in the train themed twin room that my 16 month enjoyed the most. Behind one of the door was a a cube book case filled with train toys and books, (you guessed it) all about trains. The Family suite is very well designed with the bathroom, complete with a large bath having a door leading to the bathroom.

We had six adults and one toddler, and I have to say we loved it. We knew breakfast provisions were provided, but what was there was awesome. Apart from the expected tea and coffee (including plunger coffee) there was plenty of real milk (not long life packets), orange juice, cereal, muesli, eggs bacon, tomatoes, baked beans, yoghurt, fruit cups, pancake mix, a loaf of bread, plenty of butter, jams, honey, peanut butter and sweet biscuits.



We had a great weekend.



www.portsearose.blog



www.gumgully.com.au

www.heartofemerald.com.au

www.puffingbilly.com.au

www.emeraldvillagebakery.com.au


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb