Working in Colbinabbin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are here in Colbinabbin! On our first day off - have been working for 5 days now.

Love it!

We arrived in the middle of nowhere and thought "HELP!" but were picked up by 3 fab girls - Helen, Melisa and Bonnie.

We are living in a farmhouse - it's a little ramshackle and run down but has a great vibe - lovely ppl - as well as the three girls, there are some Italian girls (Petra and Veronica), a Scottish girl called Gillian, a guy from Germany called Martin, the 4 of us (Simone, Heather, Ollie and I) and a supervisor, Raph.

Our bosses at the factory are LOVELY - Darrel and Damian - the other night they bought us a bbq, bought all the food for it, AND cooked it for us! How cool is that?! Yesterday they bought us fans for our room.

Our work is typical factory work, so not the most interesting, but we have a good laugh, singing and dancing around. Usually we're tipping tomatoes (scraping them out of the oven trays into a big vat, ready to be herbed and garlicked - yes ppl, they are very posh sundried tomatoes!) or sorting them, which means picking out the bad tomatoes off the conveyer belt. We work with 2 of the coolest German girls ever, Jess and Jasmin.

We have a factory dog, Ted. He is part bull mastiff and sooooo cute!!!

I feel really at home here, everyone is just so chilled out. We are hoping to stay here a while in order to get a lot, or even all of our second visas out of the way!

Today we are on a day off and have taken the van to Bendigo. Yay!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb