Wednesday 20th October


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Warrnambool
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up early to go and try our luck at seeing the Whale with her calf from the viewing place just down the road. The beach we went to was beautiful and looking out at the sea for a while wishing that we would see something was nice aswell. Last year there had been 21 mothers and calf’s and this year only 1. Just as we were about to leave a man ask’s us if we had seen it. He managed to show it to us. Now we DID see a whale. It was quite a way out but could make out the shape and colour of it as it came to the surface!! It was a great way to start the day.

We started the days driving heading on to Ballerat and then final stop for today would be Daylsford.Had a quick stop of in Ballerat to see what was going on. Nothing much it seams!! Had a bite to eat at McDonald’s and then back in the van. There are so many places to pull in and have a look it can take a long time to get not very far!

We got into Daylsford and found a camp site with out to much bother. It was beautiful. It was set in the middle of a forrest in a bit of a clearing with a lake at the bottom. Got the van on site only to find out we were a bit unlevel!! Oh well only one night so we dealt with it!!

Had a nice quiet afternoon in the sunshine and had a walk down at the lake. Still quite cold in the evenings! Hoping the sun stays and it only gets warmer! Cant have mum coming back with out a decent tan for Xmas!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb