SWAN HILL 28th Sept


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Swan Hill
September 28th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Harry at 'Tellers'Harry at 'Tellers'Harry at 'Tellers'

Lollie lunch
SWAN HILL 28th Sept

Watching the weather last night and today was expected to be wet and dirty. We had a warm nights sleep and the morning was also quite mild but the clouds were starting to move in.
Time to go into Swan Hill to stock up on some groceries and have a bite for lunch. We walked around town and ducked in and out of different shops, even buying a new bike for Harry (we thought that the bike we had lugged up here was a little too small for him). On returning from the car after putting the new bike in, I found Rach and the kids in a specialist lollie shop. $50 later we walked out of there. Rach was buying all the 'hard to get' lollies for the kids birthday party, plus a couple of extra treats to keep the dudes happy!
For lunch we went to 'Tellers', which is what we think was an old bank turned into a eatery. The plates were virtually licked cleaned up by us all. The lunch was delicious! On return to camp we went to the 'Giant Murray Cod' for a quick photo and then the supermarket to buy the groceries that we went to town for in the first place.
By the time we got back to the van, the storms were brewing. It was fair to say that we got hammered, but the van held up well. Our only problem was the concrete slab which our annex was over seemed to fall back towards our van hence becoming a wash in minutes. Nothing was hurt though as we had everything off the ground. The thunder and lightening show was amazing and it went on late into the afternoon. Hope it clears up tomorrow?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

StormStorm
Storm

Getting damp


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.2kb