Cowboys, pots and campfire songs in the Ozzy outback - Weekend 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Shepparton
April 14th 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ruffy and EchoRuffy and EchoRuffy and Echo

We had cuddles before heading to the footy
So we arrived at the beautiful Murray River Horse Trails near Strathmerton and left behind the rain in Melbourne; it was glorious. That evening we enjoyed a typical Ozzy BBQ including BBQ marrow fresh from the garden which was beautiful. We met Reggie an 84 year old guy along with his dog Jack who stay in a caravan on the farm and help out. Debbie and Padge (D & P) welcomed us that night with a few beers and songs around the camp fire – I think we are gonna love it here. We went to bed in the mouse ridden caravan, we heard a load of mice so we decided to sleep in the camp fire room – it wasn’t the best night sleep but it was fun.

We spent the next day cleaning the caravan out and found 2 mice that Jack killed. We went to the Waaia pub in the evening with D, P and Reggie; we tried a chicken parma with loads of salad and drank several pots (they serve beer in ½ pints and call them pots). We met Mick, Di and their son Luke; friends of D& P, Mick looked like a proper Ozzy cowboy! We also met Ken and his family who are the millionaires who live next door to D & P and fly up at the weekends in a helicopter; we had a great night in that pub and the landlord/lady were lovely.

As it was a Saturday and D & P had a rare day off they took us to an Ozzy rules football game; Waaia V Tungamah. There were netball games on at the same time as the footy and there were several footy games so it was a full day for the whole family which was great to see. Dim spent some time in the changing rooms with the teams and we went on the field and listened to a pep talk which was really OTT but motivational all the same. The main football game was the best; it got really rough and I thought it was much better than our regular footy. That night Mick and Luke came around, we drank quite a bit and went around to Ken’s house; it was mad to see his helicopter in the front garden! The campfire was calling us all though so we didn’t stay long and instead spent the rest of the night singing around the campfire.

In the morning D & P took us horseriding; I felt a bit nervous, but the horse I rode was lovely and it was good to go out just the 4 of us. That afternoon we had BBQ with a load of D & P friends; a couple from England on holiday Ali and Andrew (pediatricians), Mo and Doug (a Scottish couple) and son Alan who was here travelling, Kingy (amazing singer), Paul and Catherine and a few others; there was delicious food and beers flowing and I was being a right pig; there were people playing music; another great day at Murray River.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

At engagement spotAt engagement spot
At engagement spot

Apparently lots of people have got engaged at this spot; no such luck for me though!!
Mist on the farmMist on the farm
Mist on the farm

This looked so beautiful in the morning
Original Ozzy cowboyOriginal Ozzy cowboy
Original Ozzy cowboy

Mick just radiated cowboy on every level..
Padge N DebsPadge N Debs
Padge N Debs

Wacko bluey!


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb