Sightseeing in Queenscliff


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Queenscliff
February 22nd 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take the Ferry from Queenscliff, across Port Philip Bay to Sorento today. There must have been hundreds of other motorcyclists all heading across on the ferry to go to Phillip Island, and we really confused the personel on the boat, by having our bike jackets and helmuts and no bike. Heidi decided to stay at the wharf, as she thought she might get sea sick on the crossing. It took a smooth 45 minutes to cross to Sorento. The ride back was interesting, because we spotted a gazebo in the middle of the channel (see facebook photo) WTF. Couldn't see any smoke from the bbq or smell any meat so we were at a loss.

We took the long/scenic way back to camp, via, St. Leonards and Portarlington on roads that were good with spectacular. Shimmering cool blue water with white sandy beaches, a lovely way to spend a few hours.

Advertisement



23rd February 2013

Better there than here
The phot of the pavilion in the water is decidedly weird. It's quite a ferry you went on. Hope it stays good for you down there. We have 30 or so Ulyssians hunkered down for the night in motels at Narooma after a weekend away. It's pouring outside and forecast worse for the morning trip home. Keep up the blog.
23rd February 2013

Better there than here
The phot of the pavilion in the water is decidedly weird. It's quite a ferry you went on. Hope it stays good for you down there. We have 30 or so Ulyssians hunkered down for the night in motels at Narooma after a weekend away. It's pouring outside and forecast worse for the morning trip home. Keep up the blog.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb