Great Ocean Road - Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Campbell
March 5th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Packed up, and getting quite good at it, if I say so myself, and on the road by 9.15am, our odyssey continues....

The G.O.R. turns upwards and inland with great views and curves through forest areas, which made riding exceptionaly pleasant, being a few degrees cooler. The only problem of course, was the shadows on the roadway made us very aware of our lines and corners, having said that, the road and ride was fantastic.Breakfast was at Lavers Hill, the cafe was called "The Shop", only been open 9 weeks, but very comfortable and will be a bikers stop as soon as word gets out, as it has the ambience, friendlieness and great food needed. Most of the food is made on the premises premises by the old surfer dude owner.

Back down the hills toward the 12 Apostles, which were surrounded by European tourists and their millions of hire camper vans. The "rocks" were of course postcard material. The day of course, was another 30plus degrees, as we landed in Port Campbell to set up camp. This made theprospect of beer o'clock so much more attractive.

Dinner that night was at the local pub with a great couple that we first met at our last stop.. Even though they were from Brisbane, a great time had by all and addresses exchanged for future contact.

Advertisement



7th March 2013

Water water everywhere
I'll take the 30 degree days over the rain we've been having lately. Last weekend 30 south coast Ulyssians headed to Narooma and the wasn't a dry bike in the place. We are now all stressing about the rain in Queensland as we head off to the Fraser Coast AGM in five weeks. No matter how many times you see the apostles they are always special.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb