7 December 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Campbell
December 7th 2012
Published: December 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After an early morning walk along Apollo Bay we headed west and made our first stop at Maits Rest Rainforest Walk in the Great Otway National Park. The loop took us through dense rainforest that is the beneficiary of rich fertile volanic soil.

Next up was the 12 Apostles and I was stunned at the amount of people at the attraction as it is not exactly in the heart of a thriving metropolis. This natural wonder is special and there are various vantage points to look out over the rock formations. We then moved onto Island Archway and then to Loch Ard Gorge which was my highlight for the day. Talk a walk on the sand if you ever have the chance to visit, an amazing spot.

Port Campbell was not far away and that is where we decided to spend the night. The caravan park was right near the beach and had an inlet running behind our site which is great to admire over an evening brew. There are plenty of accommodation options in this tiny town that no doubt swells with the summer crowds. We had dinner overlooking the water and once that was done I decided it was time for a dip. Certainly woke me up, it was ice cold.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb