Mornington Peninsula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mornington Peninsula
June 16th 2009
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photos taken last April 27, 2007

Bf needed to have his car serviced in Frankston so after dropping off the car, we were given a hire car to use for the rest of the day. We decided to tour the Mornington Peninsula. We went to Hastings, Merricks, Main Ridge, Flinders and Shoreham.

We've previously been to Rye, Sorrento and Portsea so we decided to skip those and concentrate more on the other side of the peninsula.

We started the day off at Hastings before heading to Balnarring, checked out the beach there. We decided to visit Sunny Ridge strawberry farm, we bought ice cream, jam, liqueur and sparkling non-alcoholic wine. We left at the right time since 3 vans full of tourists (probably local) have arrived. We skipped the strawberry picking because we had other places to visit. We bought some gourmet chocolates at Mornington Peninsula Chocolates, spent $12 for 5 pieces of chocolates. Damn! My colleagues have ordered some so I decided to pick it up for them too.

By this time, we were extremely hungry so we decided to go back to Hastings and had lunch at Pelican Pantry Training Cafe. They train aspiring chefs there, I think it's a nice way to support the locals. I had salt & pepper calamari with chips & salad while the bf had pie with chips & salad.

Drove ourselves back to Frankston at 3 to avoid the peak hour traffic along the Nepean Hwy. All in all a good way to spend a day off. haha


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb