The Great Ocean Road ...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 15th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Fran drove along the Great Ocean Highway to Apollo Bay which was full of twists and hairpin bends as the road followed the coast line. Every few kilometres there was a scenic pull in to view the lime stone coastline and blue colours of the sea. The Twelve Apostles was a rock formation tjat jutted out into the sea, but overvtime there were now seven Apostles, but still a good place to take pics. Apollo Bay was a small seaside town with shops on one side and beach on the other. As the accommodation did not have WiFi we sat next to the Tourist Information Centre and used theirs. We went to see the Koala Bears living in the trees and had to dodge the Japanese and Chinese tourists as they stopped anywhere to take pictures. We saw about 6 Koalas some with babies. Next we turned off the main road and ventured down a track to find a beach. Parked up and walked down the small path through bushes and came upon Point Franklin a deserted beach with soft golden sand and shaped rocks which were being washes by blue sea, what a place, totally at one with nature as they say. Most of this coast line has small tent camping areas for hikers who were walking the coastal foot paths. In the late afternoon we headed for Lorne, a bigger seaside town than Apollo Bay, well what an intimate drive along the coast road with cliffs on the left and sheer drops to the right to the sea. The road has twists and turns plus hair pin bends and Fran said it would have been more exiting if the Jeep has been a manual gear change. Okay enough of the rallying as our next port of call is Melbourne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb