Home!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
August 3rd 2014
Published: August 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness we didn't have to sail back to Melbourne on Wednesday or Thursday night when the weather was so wild. Bernie's brother, Michael, posted a synoptic chart/weather forecast for all of the southern Australian coastline and Tasmania that showed a 10 metre swell EVERYWHERE and asked if we were on the boat. Fortunately not!! The crossing was not as smooth as when we sailed to Tasmania - we had a slight roll all night and could hear the waves slapping against the hull - but we didn't get sea sick or tossed out of our bunks so it was all good.

In fact, it was a fast crossing that had us docked at Station Pier ahead of time at 5.30am this morning. Not wanting to crash in on our house sitters too early this morning we had made arrangements to have brunch with our niece, Simone, on her actual 21st Birthday because we missed her birthday dinner in Warragul on Friday night. Before meeting up with Simone we freshened up at Tracey's sister Kerry's place in Thornbury.

After a lovely late breakfast with Simone we left her to get herself organised to fly to Sydney later this afternoon to conquer the Sydney Habour Bridge Climb as part of her 21st Birthday celebrations. We drove home to be greeted by two excited Golden Retrievers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb