QF10 Dubai - Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 28th 2013
Published: December 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After we'd had breakfast and cleaned our teeth we packed our toilet bags and zipped up our bags to return to the airport. Dubai does need more than a one day stopover to really see it, but at least we have learnt a few things if (when?) we visit again.

Dubai airport is HUGE. In the daylight we were able to get a better impression of just how vast it is. After we checked in we had to take a high-speed train to our gate. I managed to get a seat on the train so I didn't have to worry about a repeat of last night's rough and ready bus ride. We were able to wait in the Emirates Lounge this morning so that was more pleasant than having to wait at the departure gate. I even managed to have a little Nana nap in the comfy chair I was sitting in.

Ho, hum, loaded on time, but then we had to wait about 10 minutes at the air-bridge for Air Traffic Control to clear our plane to proceed to the runway. Better than last night's half an hour in a holding pattern!! This leg of our journey was on a Qantas A380 rather than an Emirates aeroplane. It's always nice to hear the flight crew's Aussie accents after weeks away from home.

Our plan was to stay awake for the first five or six hours of the flight and then sleep for the balance of the flight ready to wake up for our arrival in Melbourne early Sunday morning. Well, that was the plan. Bernie reckons he slept for a reasonable stretch of time. I rested a bit, but I watched a lot of movies and TV too. We both watched Eric Bana's movie 'Closed Circuit'. I think Bernie watched that latest 'Riddick' movie. I also watched 'In A World' and 'Enough Said', three more episodes of 'Modern Family' and then two and a half documentaries.

6,273 steps / 4.27 km

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb