Cake, Coffee & Graffiti...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 5th 2012
Published: November 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was the best surprise Sarah turning up at the camp site; she'd done her detective work and come to find us! We had a great unexpected night in a pub catching up!
The next day we headed to Geelong and Sarah and Anton very kindly put us up for a week and a half.

We used Geelong as our base to explore Melbourne and we absolutely loved it, the coolest city we had visited so far. We wandered around St Kilda, a seaside town full of great little independent shops and hopped on the tram back into the centre to have dinner at the tasty Chin Chins! We also visited some cool rooftop bars before catching the last train back to Geelong! Sarah had some time off work and it was great to spend some time with her showing us around! We had a day of drinking chai lattes in the very cool Fitzroy; I loved it here, vintage shops aplenty!

Sarah and I spent a day at the Jirrahlinga animal sanctuary viewing the rescued animals, I especially liked the wombats, whilst the boys went surfing, Paul was much happier being out in the water on a long board as it meant he could stand up rather than sink on our toothpick!

The four of us had a sunny day in Sorrento, an up market peninsular travelled to on a pleasant hour long ferry ride. Sarah and I looked for shells whilst the men caught up on some winks as they'd got up at the crack of dawn for a surf! We finished the day with a BBQ and a night of card playing.

Our time in Geelong was so relaxing, pure luxury for us and nice to break up of four months in a campervan! I even got a cut and colour at Sazzle's Salon! It was really sad to say bye, but we really needed to as I think we'd both put on a stone eating cake and gelato!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb