Melbourne - May 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 9th 2010
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We headed off for a long weekend in Melbourne to enjoy the big Dreamtime Game at the 'G, enjoy some great food and catch up with family. The weather for May wasnt that bad...it didnt rain and the temps were about 15 max so not that bad 😊

We attempted to go to two Aussie rules games but with a 2.5yo the odds of lasting 3 hours were not good. Friday nights game was the Dreamtime game between Essendon and Carlton and was a sellout - 95,000 people at the MCG! And we were in the second last row at the top!!! We lasted till half time and had nearly frozen to death so time to head back.

On Saturday we drove out to Winchelsea to visit my Grandma and Aunts. Nothing much has changed and we ate a lovely homemade unknown left overs soup and she gave the little man a ridiculuos amount of lollies for the journey home that i stole 5 minutes in lol! Thanks grandma 😊 One very nice thing that Grandma did was give us some money for the little man, so we decided to head to the Melbourne Aquarium the next day as its a bit pricey but figured he would love it. We have a similar one in Perth but this was really good with some huge Empororer Penguins which he loved. They had heaps of toddler friendly little displays too for them to crawl around and see fish from underneath etc so very good on the toddler front.

Saturday night we were back to at the football and this time it was to see the Tigers play - who the boys barrack for. The little man absolutly loved to see his favourite team and we had a great night.

we stayed at Plum Apartments again and met the hubby over there as he was there for work. We just had a 1 bedroom apartment this time and it was really quite nice but a lot smaller than the 2 bedroom we had the time before. We had a problem with teh neighbour above us opening and closing (slamming) their sliding door right above our bedroom nearly every hour throughout the night - no idea what was going on. So that was quite bad as they woke us up nearly hourly 😞 Perhaps smokers going outside???

Other than that, a great 'boys' weekend before the little miss arrives in a 4 months time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb