Red Hot Chilli Pinchbeck


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

What better way is there to get introduced to your flat mate's friends than by dressing up as a giant red chilli and having beers with other people dressed as various food items for a house party?! It was certainly an ice breaker...

The day began with a little bit of a hangover but I soon got over that with the excitement of the party only hours away. I had a fairly relaxed morning before going to the shops with Susha for the all important prize to be given to the best dressed attendee, and beer. A slab... Pure Blonde... Low carb, bubbly, and soon to be placed in the beer fridge until cold and good and ready to drink.

As you can see from the pictures, a good effort was made by all. We had a fruit salad. Chefs. Shane the butcher, Susha the cupcake, Mindy the pot of chicken noodles and Andrew the can of dog food. We had a strawberry, vegemite, a masterchef contestant and one of the judges. Unseen to your eyes there was also a playlist featuring various foodie songs that required people to finish their drink when they came on, but unfortunately the prize still sits on the kitchen counter, unawarded and forgotten about, waiting for the next fancy dress opportunity.

As the night went on the food made an appearance in the form of a bit of cake and more importantly, mini pizzas. Some of you may be familiar with my love of pizza, whether they are mini, man-size, or roughly the same diameter as the tires of a truck. We opted for the old favourite, tomato and cheese, and even when the tomato ran out I insisted on more cheese being placed upon muffins and toasted until they were lovely melted goodness. Yum.

So all in all it was a good night. I am still feeling quite uncultured having not done many touristy things here in Melbourne, so next time I shall try to tell you a little more about the city I am now living in. But for now, I bid you goodbye....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb