Days 81-84


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 15th 2010
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well shock of all shocks Everton turn up and the wheels fall off this blog. A four day blog whats going on? This is due to the chronic lack of and over priced Internet resources In Victoria or Maybe because Philip took up drinking again when he founds his friends and his moral compass went west!

Anyway Sunday Philip and his old friend James returning to the scene his favorite Australia took the decision to do the Marathon The beach walk from coogee to Bondi and is nice weather while under taking a leisurely walk rather than ranting at the sea like a man possessed it was a wonderfully invigorating experience(its not all drinking this Everton lark) and We follow this up by a an ALF game at the SCG between Melbourne and Sydney game where the ref takes the throws in the crowd cheers when someone catches it and the games stops and the only sport in the world where they give you a point for missing. Thankfully we get in for $10 as opposed to Sydney as someone husband had decided not to come , he probably had something more invigorating on like washing the car or poking his eyes out with a blunt pencil.

At the trip on a boat to the Art exhibition follows (see very cultured) the only thing worse than Modern art is the artist explanation for his over priced trash...good grief. Philip then ruins all his good work by getting asked to leave the casino at half four in the morning as the World cup final is about to start after tripping down escalator. over tired.....honest although recollections over the evening are some what sketchy

Monday is spent recovering in cell like conditions in a hostel we had been invited to stay in the five star shear ton hotel where the team are but some idiot forgot what room the lad was in or his name so we end up in cell block H. before taking the ferry out to manly in the evening for a walk along the esplanade and an evening in the ....yes well the less said the better by now.(when do everton go)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Tiger Air again on Tuesday to Melbourne who excell at Melbourne Airport by actually having a baggage carousel outside. We have a lovely hotel with our good friend Ian towards the seaside in St kilda, when we enquire what is worth seeing in Melbourne that concierge recommends The Ramsey street tour I hope that is a reflection on him and not on Melbourne. We take an evening trip to the casino and actually have an enjoyable meal and don't do anything improper for once.(do you get the feeling large parts of this story are now being missed out).

Wednesday Match day. But we mange some sight seeing the Melbourne Jail or Gaol can some one explain that to me. Anyway is where Ned Kelly was hanged and is very enjoyable,followed up by the Titanic exhibition at The Melbourne museum which goes down well.(dear me ). We get free tickets to the game which everton win two nil and we manage to see both goals . A per season first!


so apologises to anyone still out there we are back in Queensland friday where the internet works and trainning for a half marathon somewhere on the other side of the world a week sunday so I m sure we will return to regular service.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb