Edit Blog Post
Published: March 1st 2010
We need you!
The Lifestart Foundation is looking for adventurous, fun people who love to try something new and support a very worthy cause at the same time. If you are interested in culture, Vietnam, children, education or just awesome activities, this event IS for you, your friends, family, children and colleagues. This is a perfect event as a gift for Mum for Mothers' Day!
We need some help with fundraising too and ask that event participants set up a fundraising page via the Everyday Hero link you will be sent - once you register
your team for the event.
We're also looking for corporate sponsorship - compassionate businesses that would like to help us give children in Vietnam a dream for their future, and at the same time, benefit from promotion and advertising to the event participants and our broad supporter base. Full details of registering, fundraising and sponsorship are below
, but in summary, there are SEVEN fantastic ways you can help us:
1) Registering a team (or teams) for our Adventure Race as soon as you possibly can - www.vivacygroup.com.au/adventure-race
2) Fundraising after registration through the Everyday Hero page OR simply donating via
the Lifestart Foundation website - www.lifestartfoundation.org.au/donate
3) Purchasing a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum sponsorship package - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Forwarding this blog to anyone and everyone you know that might be interested or able to help
5) Promoting this event on Facebook, Twitter and similar
6) Letting us know if you have any contacts that can donate bottles of water, printed hats or calico bags, Metcard tickets or anything else
7) Volunteering to help put up posters very soon (2-4 people), to help pack and sort event items close to event day (2-4 people), or to help out on event day (10+ people).
About the Event
We invite you to register in small teams for this special charity event on 8 May 2010. Teams competing will literally race around the city of Melbourne, finding clues, completing challenges and solving puzzles, to be the first to the finish line and claim a prize. All this with a fabulous Vietnamese cultural theme!
This is a perfect event for corporate groups, school groups, sports teams, mothers groups, book clubs, birthdays, hens parties and don't forget - with Mothers' Day coming up why
A fantastic opportunity for businesses to sponsor the Lifestart Foundation 'Adventure Race', and help us educate a child for 7 years!
not gift the challenge to your Mum!
Participants can expect a fun day of learning and laughter, and the satisfaction of knowing that all proceeds will help to change the lives of disadvantaged children by supporting the Lifestart Foundations Education Scholarship Program in Vietnam.
Date: Saturday 8th May 2010
Time: 9.30am to 3.30pm
Cost: $325 per team (teams of 3-5 people accepted) This covers the cost of the event so teams are encouraged to fundraise as part of their participation.
Participants: People from 8 to 80 years of age welcome to attend
(for other ages, please enquire).
Applications: All interested individuals and groups need to register by 9 April 2010.
Transport: All locations for each activity will be accessible by a short walk or public transport and transport passes or the equivalent will be provided.
Fundraising & Educational Scholarships
We hope teams will fundraise to help Lifestart Foundation provide educational scholarships in the Quang Nam province of Vietnam. If you individually, a team or group of teams is able to raise $2,500 AUS then this funding can be used to provide a seven year educational scholarship for a child in Vietnam.
By granting a Seven Year Education Scholarship to the poorest and brightest students in Grade six we allow these students to DREAM. To dream of a future, career and possibly to attend University, ultimately breaking the poverty cycle for themselves and their family. If you'd like to find out about our first two seven year educational scholarship students please read my blog on Ngoc & Uyen.
We have 4 GREAT sponsorship packages available:
1) Bronze - $500
• Logo and website link on LSF website and blogs for 2010
• Logo and website on event day Fact Sheet and Certificates
Silver - $1000
• Bronze package PLUS
• 150 word interview + photo in blog
• Mention in event media releases
• 3 items of marketing collateral in event bags
Gold - $2000
• Bronze and Silver PLUS
• Additional 100 words (250 total) in interview
• 30 second major Vietnamese Radio ad
• Feature sponsor on event promotional items
• Bronze, Silver and Gold PLUS
• Additional 250 words (500 total) in interview
• 300 words + 3 photos business profile on LSF website
• Major sponsor recognition in media liaison
• Public presentation of prizes on event day
• 1 x table for 10 at annual fundraising dinner
Want more info?
If you are interested in finding out more please see the website or contact Melissa Russell by calling 0400 456 979 or email via email@example.com.
I have been invited to have a chat with Luke and Lucy on radio Light FM 89.9 this Tuesday, which should go to air Wednesday or Thursday. I hope you have time to tune in.
Lots of Love from
Enjoying the blogs?? Forward them on or subscribe those who you think would be interested in Lifestart Foundations work.......its free!
You may also be interested in the following education related blogs. The Lifestart Foundation Free School A New School Building for Lifestart Foundation School Fees for Many Art Classes A - Realizing his Dream to Become a Doctor
Visit us at:
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP
127 Phan Chu Trinh Street,
Hoi An, Vietnam
Expressions of interest can be sent via this blog or email Karen direct firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb